Rincon Consultants, Inc. is seeking to hire temporary staff, local to Ventura, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, or Fresno County, to assist with biological and environmental compliance monitoring for large and small projects in southern and central California. The primary duties for this position include monitoring and reporting regulatory compliance conditions for a range of issues: terrestrial and aquatic biological resources, tree resources, water quality, noise, air quality (fugitive dust), BMPs, mitigation and restoration success, and erosion control. This position serves as a liaison between Rincon, our clients, contractors, and relevant agencies to ensure projects are compliant with conditions of approval. This position requires the ability to perform extensive fieldwork on potentially difficult terrain and during adverse weather conditions, and may require occasional extended travel. The ideal candidate will be based out of Ventura, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo or Fresno County.
- Minimum B.S. in Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Natural Resources, or another related field (candidates with the equivalent in knowledge and experience may also be considered)
- General knowledge and experience identifying plants and wildlife of California• Map reading and field survey techniques
- HAZWOPER certification or willingness to become certified
- Highly motivated with excellent documentation skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Familiarity with the California Storm Water Quality Handbooks and Construction Site Best Management Practice Manual
- Detail oriented; resourceful; strong time management skills
- SUCCESSFULLY CONDUCTED CONSTRUCTION MONITORING ON A MINIMUM OF 2 PROJECTS (6+ MONTHS TOTAL)