* Prior paleontological field experience in California is required.
* At least one year experience in the collection and salvage of fossils is required.
* An undergraduate (Bachelors) degree in geology or paleontology is preferred; however, documented experience performing paleontological monitoring and fossil salvage may be substituted for some formal education.
* The ability to measure stratigraphic sections and describe sedimentary rocks is highly desirable.
* The ability to work outside in potentially adverse weather, on uneven terrain.
* A valid driver's license and a good driving record.