Rincon Consultants, Inc. is a highly qualified professional consulting firm comprised of environmental scientists, geologists, biologists, planners, soil scientists, wetland scientists, GIS professionals, architectural historians, LEED accredited professionals, and visual information specialists. We provide a wide range of services in environmental impact assessment, urban planning, soil and groundwater assessment & remediation, and biological & cultural resources, focusing on California's unique and challenging regulatory and policy environment.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-driven, and detail-oriented professional for an Associate Environmental Planner/Scientist to join our team in any of our 10 California offices (Carlsbad, Fresno, Los Angeles, Monterey, Oakland, Riverside, Sacramento, San Luis Obispo, Santa Cruz and Ventura).
Recognized as a 'Best Places to Work' in 2015 and 2017, we invest in our employees through competitive salaries, benefits and incentive programs designed to further the professional development of each employee in line with the firm's business goals and needs.
The Associate Environmental Planner/Scientist will:
- Perform research for complex municipal planning projects and private land development projects
- Assist with the preparation of all levels of CEQA/NEPA documents
- Assist with the preparation of General Plans, Specific Plans, Community Plans, and other comprehensive planning documents
- Interact with various members of public agency and private client staff on matters related to land use planning, CEQA/NEPA compliance, and land development/entitlements
- Promote a culture of teamwork, engagement, quality service, and customer satisfaction to our public and private clients
- Enhance Rincon’s professional reputation and demonstrate the ability to be creative and innovative with these tasks while representing Rincon in a professional manner
- Work closely with Rincon Principal(s) and Managers to promote our business interests in adherence with the company’s mission, vision, and values