Rincon Consultants, Inc.is a highly qualified professional consulting firm comprised of environmental scientists, geologists, biologists, planners, soil scientists, wetland scientists, GIS professionals, architectural historians, LEED accredited professionals, and visual information specialists. We provide a wide range of services in environmental impact assessment, urban planning, soil and groundwater assessment & remediation, and biological & cultural resources, focusing on California’s unique and challenging regulatory and policy environment.
Recognized as a “Best Places to Work” in 2015 and 2017, we invest in our employees through competitive salaries, benefits, and incentive programs designed to further the professional development of each employee in line with the firm's business goals and needs.
We have an immediate opening and excellent professional growth opportunity for a Senior Environmental Planner/Scientist-Transportation Focus to join our team in our Los Angeles or Oakland office.
Senior Environmental Planner/Scientist – Transportation Focus
Rincon Consultants is seeking a Senior Planner/Environmental Scientist with experience in transportation (roadway, transit, rail) projects. The Senior Planner will be responsible for conducting and overseeing research, field work, impact analysis, report preparation, and business development related to CEQA/NEPA and related technical studies. The Senior Planner will:
- Write and manage the preparation of complex CEQA/NEPA documents for roadway, transit, and rail projects
- Oversee and train junior staff on CEQA/NEPA and other planning/environmental requirements
- Interface with clients and make public presentations to agency decision-making bodies
- Perform agency consultation and ensure environmental regulatory compliance
- Perform various business development functions, including proposal preparation and active involvement in transportation-related planning/environmental organizations
- Demonstrate confidence in decision-making and be recognized by clients and peers as having expertise in CEQA/NEPA and related technical areas