Rincon Consultants is a leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California. Recognized as a Zweig Group nationally-ranked 'Best Places to Work,’ we partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, water, commercial and private development and government. Our 250+ associates in 14 offices located in northern, central, and southern CA are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose.
We have an immediate opening and excellent professional growth opportunity for a Senior Environmental Planner/Scientist-Transportation Focus to join our team in our Los Angeles or Oakland office.
Senior Environmental Planner/Scientist – Transportation Focus
Rincon Consultants is seeking a Senior Planner/Environmental Scientist with experience in transportation (roadway, transit, rail) projects. The Senior Planner will be responsible for conducting and overseeing research, field work, impact analysis, report preparation, and business development related to CEQA/NEPA and related technical studies. The Senior Planner will:
- Write and manage the preparation of complex CEQA/NEPA documents for roadway, transit, and rail projects
- Oversee and train junior staff on CEQA/NEPA and other planning/environmental requirements
- Interface with clients and make public presentations to agency decision-making bodies
- Perform agency consultation and ensure environmental regulatory compliance
- Perform various business development functions, including proposal preparation and active involvement in transportation-related planning/environmental organizations
- Demonstrate confidence in decision-making and be recognized by clients and peers as having expertise in CEQA/NEPA and related technical areas