Rincon Consultants, Inc.is a highly qualified professional consulting firm comprised of environmental scientists, geologists, biologists, planners, soil scientists, wetland scientists, GIS professionals, LEED accredited professionals, and visual information specialists. We provide a wide range of services in environmental impact assessment, urban planning, soil and groundwater assessment & remediation, and biological resources, focusing on California's unique and challenging regulatory and policy environment.
Recognized as a 'Best Places to Work' in 2015 & 2017, we invest in our employees through competitive salaries, benefits and incentive programs designed to further the professional development of each employee in line with the firm's business goals and needs.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-driven, and detail-oriented professional for a GIS Cartographer/Analyst opening to join our team in our Ventura office. (Regular travel to additional client sites for contract services may be required.)
This position's primary responsibility is to perform a variety of duties in support of departmental geographic information systems (GIS) databases and GIS capabilities with a strong emphasis on map production; generates custom and standard maps, spatial analyses and other GIS products to meet customer requirements; utilizes GIS tools and utilities to convert data to GIS formats and performs data quality checking and correction.
- Formats and generates a variety of GIS products including standard and custom maps and map series, standard map templates, shape files, graphics, tables and reports; uses cartographic and design principles to include legends, insets and reference information.
- Extracts, searches for, and organizes data. Performs quality control operations to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data; researches source documents and/or coordinates with others to resolve missing or conflicting data and other anomalies.
- Performs spatial analyses such as buffering, spatial overlays and distance calculations using established methods and procedures.
- Maintains, updates and designs shapefiles and geospatial databases; extracts, cleans, adjusts and converts data and information from non-GIS systems into GIS formats; uses scripts, queries and other tools to obtain and/or correct missing or incorrect spatial and attribute data.
- Participates in developing and implementing queries, scripts and instructions of moderate difficulty.
- Assists in the design, development, testing and implementation of GIS applications to meet customer needs and enterprise requirements.
- Evaluates commercial GIS and field data collection applications, as well as designs and develops GIS applications for internal use and for client deliverables.
- May collect field data using GPS or other equipment as needed; assists in training and mentoring staff members with GIS and GPS; troubleshoots equipment and digital files.
- Displays and modifies GIS and CAD data using Autodesk products.
- Builds and maintains GIS/cartographic capabilities to support a wide array of resources programs throughout California.
- Maintains clean, organized, and well-designed file structures for both spatial and non-spatial data.
- Stays abreast of new trends and technology in GIS applications. Develops and implements GIS training for staff in the use of GIS methods, software, and data.
- Recommends standards for the utilization of GIS files and applications.
- Development of tools for managing data, including design of forms and reports.