Rincon Consultants, Inc. is a highly qualified professional consulting firm comprised of environmental scientists, geologists, biologists, planners, environmental engineers, wetland scientists, GIS professionals, archaeologists and architectural historians, LEED accredited professionals, sustainability experts, and visual information specialists. We provide a wide range of services in environmental impact assessment, urban planning, soil and groundwater assessment & remediation, and biological and cultural resources, focusing on California's unique and challenging regulatory and policy environment.
Recognized as a Zweig Group nationally rated 'Best Places to Work' in 2015 and 2017, we invest in our employees through competitive salaries, benefits and incentive programs designed to further the professional development of each employee in line with the firm's business goals and needs.
Reporting to the COO, the HR Manager acts as a partner to the Board of Directors (BoD) and senior- and middle-management in the development and execution of strategies, policies, programs and services that grow the skills, performance and engagement of employees. Originates, manages, and communicates the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs for the entire company. Actively supports the Board of Directors in leading the offering of a safe work environment and an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality productivity and standards, goal attainment and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. This is a management position that requires some hands-on “doing” and some strategy and operational management of Human Resources functions.
- Manage human resources and payroll specialists to ensure high quality, services in the following functions:
- Recruiting and staffing including onboarding programs
- Organization development and planning
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Employment and compliance regulatory matters
- Employee orientation, development and professional development
- Employee relations interventions and investigations
- Policy development and documentation
- Collaboration and facilitation of company-wide committees
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Employee services and counseling
- Management of vendors and surveys to assess employee engagement and sustaining a positive company culture
- Risk management steps, such as audits, compliance reviews and mandatory training/reporting (EEO-1, AAP reports, management harassment prevention training, etc.)
- Supports workplace and fieldwork safety as well as timely accident/industrial illness investigations and associated regulatory reports and workers’ compensation claims for affected staff members.
- Works collaboratively with BoD and the management Advisory Committee to ensure Human Resources programs are integrated with company business strategy and plans and communicated and aligned with stakeholders concerns.
- Ensures the provision of HR data required for the Company to pursue new business opportunities through RFP and other compliance mandated documents and reporting.
- Assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
- Aligns HR department resources to ensure staffing and development of a superior workforce.
- Manages and oversees compliance with federal, state, and local regulations throughout all company locations in Southern, Central and Northern California.
- Ensures preparation and submission of time-critical reports to governmental agencies and documents compliance efforts and data.
- Provides Human Resources-specific guidance and consultation to other groups. This includes mentoring or coaching team members
- Develops the Human Resources department staff and ensures his/her own personal ongoing development.
- Oversee benefits program design efforts and ensure competitive and effective offerings that support staff retention, health and wellness, financial welfare, and company risk management.