Rincon Consultants, Inc. is a highly qualified professional consulting firm comprised of environmental scientists, geologists, biologists, environmental planners, soil scientists, wetland scientists, GIS professionals, architectural historians, LEED accredited professionals, and visual information specialists. We provide a wide range of services in environmental impact assessment, urban planning, soil and groundwater assessment and remediation, and biological & cultural resources, focusing on California's unique and challenging regulatory and policy environment.
Recognized as a “Best Places to Work” in 2015 and 2017, we invest in our employees through competitive salaries, benefits, and incentive programs designed to further the professional development of each employee in line with the firm's business goals and needs.
We have an immediate opening and excellent professional growth opportunity for a Senior CEQA/NEPA Planner and Water Resources Specialist to join our team ideally in our Monterey, Santa Cruz, Oakland, Sacramento, or San Luis Obispo offices. (Other locations may be considered.)
Senior CEQA/NEPA Specialist
The Senior CEQA/NEPA Specialist will be responsible for conducting and overseeing impact analysis, report preparation, business development, research, and field work related to CEQA/NEPA and technical studies. Experience in providing compliance with CEQA-Plus is highly desired, and expertise in working on water infrastructure projects is preferred. Following is an overview of responsibilities for the Senior CEQA/NEPA Specialist:
- Write and manage the preparation of complex CEQA/NEPA documents
- Oversee and train junior staff on CEQA/NEPA and other planning/environmental requirements
- Interface with clients and make public presentations to agency decision-making bodies
- Perform agency consultation and ensure environmental regulatory compliance
- Perform various business development functions, including proposal preparation and active involvement in planning/environmental organizations
- Provide guidance regarding the funding of water infrastructure projects to internal staff and clients, and prepare CEQA-Plus analyses as required to facilitate funding applications
- Demonstrate confidence in decision-making and be recognized by clients and peers as having expertise in CEQA/NEPA and related technical areas
This is a rare opportunity to develop a NorCal practice, supported by a successful statewide practice. Those who are motivated by opportunities to identify, recruit, manage, and mentor professionals as part of development efforts will enjoy this challenge. You’ll need a genuine interest in advancing our partnership and direct local CEQA/NEPA assistance to Caltrans District 4. Be emancipated from bureaucracy that exists at big firms, and quickly see your contributions adding value.