Rincon Consultants is a leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California. Recognized as a Zweig Group nationally-ranked 'Best Places to Work,’ we partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, water, commercial and private development and government. Our 250+ associates in 14 offices located in northern, central, and southern CA are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose.
Rincon currently has a unique opportunity for Environmental Planning and Sustainability Program Manager to help lead and grow our position in the Bay Area Planning market. We are looking for an experienced environmental consultant who has successfully managed and implemented a wide range of environmental projects involving Climate Action, Adaptation, and General Plans in the Bay Area. This position provides a rare opportunity for a senior environmental professional to help lead strategic growth and development within the Bay Area and Northern California Region. The position provides an opportunity to join Rincon’s extensive team of environmental professionals working in California and be part of a focused companywide strategic initiative to expand Rincon’s position in this important area of work.
Candidates will be environmental scientists or planners who can oversee and guide a growing team of planners and scientists in Rincon’s Environmental Planning and Sustainability unit. The Program Manager will work within a multi-disciplinary, multi-office region of environmental scientists, community planners, and sustainability experts. This individual will be responsible for growing Rincon’s the Environmental Planning and Sustainability practice through successful marketing and business development, and be able to demonstrate a successful track record in identifying, pursuing, and leading climate related technical studies and community planning documents for municipal and local agency clients. The ideal candidate will have successfully managed and completed complex, large-scale policy documents. Candidates will have a broad professional networks and excellent reputations among private industry and municipal and state agencies. The position will report to Rincon’s Statewide Environmental Planning and Sustainability Leaders, and will participate as a member of Rincon’s Northern California Region Strategy Team.
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, codes, rules, and regulations
- Technical program requirements
- Project management principles (e.g. budgeting, contract management principles and practices)
- Public relations, marketing practices and community outreach
- Professional presentations
- Analytical methods including research, statistical analysis, and report preparation.
- Professional communication techniques, both oral and in writing
- Organizational strategies
- Continuous improvement and using performance metrics to assist in decision-making and resource allocation.
- Best management practices, environmental monitoring and assessment, and technical requirements of implementing a CAP or General Plan in California.
- Scientific systems and management.
- Manage and prepare multiple broad and complex documents
- Use computers and related software applications
- Lead project teams of staff and subcontractors and ensure high performance of teams
- Conduct research; analyze and interpret a variety of data and/or information and make recommendations based on findings
- Write, compile and present reports
- Interpret and monitor compliance with applicable governmental regulations
- Manage projects including monitoring scope, resources and outcomes
- Collect, compile, analyze, organize, and present technical data and reports; review documents for completeness and accuracy
- Perform various business development functions, including proposal preparation and active involvement in planning/environmental organizations
- Navigate and make course corrections in current and future planning
- Forge relationships with the organization's statewide management
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines