Experience and Skills:
Minimum qualifications to be considered for this opportunity:
- B.S. degree in Biology or other directly related discipline
- Demonstrated experience with organizing, executing and coordinating overall project assignments
- Demonstrated experience with conducting general field biology assessments (often in adverse weather / terrain conditions) including, but not limited to, endangered species / habitat assessments, resource constraints analyses, sensitive species protocol surveys, wildlife identification, botanical identification and inventories, focused rare plant surveys, vegetation mapping, tree surveys (certified arborist a plus), jurisdictional delineations, including permitting per USACE, RWQCB and CDFW requirements, wetland mitigation and monitoring plans, open space management plans and other natural resources management plans, GPS & GIS mapping, monitoring for the environmental compliance of large and small projects, including planning, implementation, and monitoring for habitat restoration
- Demonstrated experience with technical writing (BRAs, BAs, NESs, bio sections of CEQA/NEPA docs or similar technical reports)
- 2-3 years (full-time equivalent) of directly related professional experience (as noted in above two previous bullet points) in California’s Central Valley and with Central Valley special status species including but not limited to San Joaquin kit fox, California tiger salamander, blunt-nosed leopard lizard, tri-colored blackbird, Swainson’s hawk, and burrowing owl
- Ability to work with planning managers to gather and prepare material and data for planning documents such as environmental impact reports, initial studies, and mitigated negative declarations
- Ability to travel 50% to 100% (with overnight stays) during peak periods
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to walk on uneven terrain for extended periods of time
- A clean driving record
Rincon Consultants is a professional platform!
Employees leverage our collective knowledge and experience to provide exemplary client service, influence environmentally-conscious outcomes, and accelerate their careers. 27% of our employees were promoted in 2017.
Total Rewards Package* Includes:
- Insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, long-term disability, accidental death & dismemberment, and life)
- HMO, PPO, HDHP, Health Savings Account options
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care
- Vacation and Sick Accrual
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Pay for a Day
- Legal Shield, Identity Protection
- Professional Development
- 2x/Year Employee Bonus Opportunities
- Patagonia Merchandise Partnership
- And much, much more!
*All programs subject to review and change
Rincon Consultants does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.