Rincon Consultants, Inc. is a highly qualified professional consulting firm comprised of environmental scientists, geologists, biologists, planners, environmental engineers, wetland scientists, GIS professionals, archaeologists and architectural historians, LEED accredited professionals, sustainability experts, and visual information specialists. We provide a wide range of services in environmental impact assessment, urban planning, soil and groundwater assessment & remediation, and biological and cultural resources, focusing on California's unique and challenging regulatory and policy environment.
Recognized as a Zweig Group nationally rated 'Best Places to Work' in 2015 and 2017, we invest in our employees through competitive salaries, benefits and incentive programs designed to further the professional development of each employee in line with the firm's business goals and needs.
We are seeking dynamic, self-motivated, creative, and detail-oriented Planning professionals interested in joining our Environmental Planning and Sustainability team. Our Planners currently provide current and long-range planning services for government and private industries throughout California. We are specifically looking to fill associate planning positions immediately in our Carlsbad, San Diego and Riverside offices.
The Associate Environmental Planner will:
- Assist with the preparation of all levels of CEQA/NEPA documents
- Perform research for complex municipal planning projects and private land development projects
- Perform site visits and technical field work
- Prepare technical documents including Air Quality, Greenhouse Gas, Noise and Visual Impact Analyses
- Assist with the preparation of General Plans, Specific Plans, Community Plans, and other comprehensive planning documents
- Interact with various members of public agency and private client staff on matters related to land use planning, CEQA/NEPA compliance, and land development/entitlements
- Promote a culture of teamwork, engagement, quality service, and customer satisfaction to our public and private clients
- Enhance Rincon’s professional reputation and demonstrate the ability to be creative and innovative with these tasks while representing Rincon in a professional manner
- Work closely with Rincon Principal(s) and Managers to promote our business interests in adherence with the company’s mission, vision, and values
- Perform all other duties as assigned by your supervisor(s)