Rincon Consultants is a leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California. Recognized as a Zweig Group nationally-ranked 'Best Places to Work,’ we partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, water, commercial and private development and government. Our 250+ associates in 14 offices located in northern, central, and southern CA are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose.
We are searching for a Controller to join our team to be based in our Ventura (preferred) or Los Angeles office. The successful candidate will be a self-directed, proactive problem-solver with a track record of successfully delivering on multiple priorities. It is preferable that this candidate has industry experience and working in a matrixed leadership organization.
If you are interested in taking your career to the next level, please read on.
Manage and direct the accounting and financial activities of the organization in compliance with GAAP standards and Federal Acquisition Regulation. No direct reports in the near-term but may manage 2 – 3 direct reports in the future. Reports to the Chief Financial Officer and works closely with the Billing Manager.
- Create financial schedules to ensure timely completion of all financial statements.
- Coordinate with accounting staff to verify transactions regularly; reviews and analyzes general ledgers to ensure accuracy and compliance; approves bank reconciliations.
- Analyze variances and take/recommend corrective action.
- Ensure accounting and financial reporting is accurate, timely, and complete.
- Play key role in remaining build out, transition to, and establishment of controls in ERP software.
- Work with Billing Manager, CFO, billing team, HR and IT to complete development of operating manual for billing team, project managers and executives, specific to Ajera ERP platform.
- Prepare/Provide trainings for staff to support full roll out and next phase development of ERP transition.
- Develop internal financial controls; tax compliance and liability analysis in cooperation with external CPA firm; ensures financial process are audit-ready.
- Oversee and direct audit, tax, accounting and short/long range forecasting for the organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside accounting firm, financial institutions, and insurance brokers. Ensures sound vendor management.
- Prepare and implement departmental budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Analyze discrepancies between actual and budgeted expectations, take/recommend corrective action.
- Design and implement internal controls for purchasing/procurement and project controls in conjunction with the CFO.
- Assess, develop, and implement solutions that streamline business operations, reduce costs, and conserve organizational resources.
- Provide CFO with timely reviews and meaningful management reports of the organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Support and enforce organizational goals, policies, procedures, values and culture.
- Adept at adapting to changing circumstances while managing multiple initiatives.