Experience and Skills:
Minimum qualifications to be considered for this opportunity:
- Prior paleontological field experience in California is required. Experience should entail paleontological monitoring of construction activities, fossil collection and salvage, preparation of weekly monitoring summaries, and coordination with a Principal Paleontologist
- An undergraduate (Bachelors) degree in geology or paleontology is preferred; however, documented experience performing paleontological monitoring and fossil salvage may be substituted for some formal education
- The ability to measure stratigraphic sections and describe sedimentary rocks is highly desirable
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time on uneven terrain and in hot weather
Rincon Consultants is a professional platform!
Employees leverage our collective knowledge and experience to provide exemplary client service, influence environmentally-conscious outcomes, and accelerate their careers. 27% of our employees were promoted in 2017.
Total Rewards Package* Includes:
- Insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, long-term disability, accidental death & dismemberment, and life)
- HMO, PPO, HDHP, Health Savings Account options
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care
- Vacation and Sick Accrual
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Pay for a Day
- Legal Shield, Identity Protection
- Professional Development
- 2x/Year Employee Bonus Opportunities
- Patagonia Merchandise Partnership
- And much, much more!
*All programs subject to review and change
Rincon Consultants does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.