Experience and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field plus at least two (2) years of professional experience identifying, documenting, and evaluating cultural resources for significance.
- A Master’s degree may be used in lieu of one year of field experience.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and make on-the-ground decisions during monitoring and other fieldwork.
- Field experience within northern California is preferred
- Familiarity with California prehistoric and historical cultural resources and the culture history of California are required.
- Experience with GIS is preferred.
- The candidate should have experience with Trimble and/or Garmin GPS data collection.
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills.
Candidates must have their own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and must be able to pass a drug test. Candidates must also be able to hike 10-12 miles per day in often difficult terrain and harsh weather conditions while carrying up to 25 lbs. Availability to work extended field rotations (10-12 days at a time) and travel is required.
Rincon Consultants is a professional platform!
Employees leverage our collective knowledge and experience to provide exemplary client service, influence environmentally-conscious outcomes, and accelerate their careers. 27% of our employees were promoted in 2017.
Total Rewards Package* Includes:
- Insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, long-term disability, accidental death & dismemberment, and life)
- HMO, PPO, HDHP, Health Savings Account options
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care
- Vacation and Sick Accrual
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Pay for a Day
- Legal Shield, Identity Protection
- Professional Development
- 2x/Year Employee Bonus Opportunities
- Patagonia Merchandise Partnership
- And much, much more!
*All programs subject to review and change
Rincon Consultants does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.