Rincon Consultants is a leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California. Recognized as a Zweig Group nationally-ranked 'Best Places to Work,’ we partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, water, commercial and private development and government. Our 250+ associates in 13 offices located in northern, central, and southern CA are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose.
Rincon has an immediate opening for a Senior Watershed Specialist, Environmental Engineer, Scientist, Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join our water resources team in our Los Angeles or Ventura offices.
As the successful candidate you will possess exceptional knowledge and technical skills in watershed planning, including: storm water management, water quality resources, groundwater monitoring, water quality modeling, environmental permitting, and municipal, construction and industrial NPDES compliance. You will work in a team environment with other professionals both within the Los Angeles/Ventura office, and at other Rincon offices throughout California. This makes communication skills, teamwork, flexibility, and an ability to adapt to different teams, types of projects, and leadership styles important to the individual’s and team’s success. This position offers the opportunity to apply creative problem-solving skills to environmental issues, and rewards individual initiative, persistence, resourcefulness, and flexibility.
As an experienced leader in the industry, you demonstrate key leadership qualities to motivate and guide a highly technical team. In addition, you have strong project management skills and are proficient in data management/ evaluation and Microsoft Office tools and have at least 10 years of related experience in watershed planning and water quality resources.
* Consulting for municipal, construction, and industrial NPDES compliance projects, providing strong client representation and advocacy to regulatory agencies
* Reports to Senior Program Managers and Principals and engages with client’s as a Client Manager to ensure effective communication and service
* Motivate a team of Project Managers and Project Scientists to execute field work, assign tasks, and provide guidance to staff specialists and technicians for storm and surface water quality monitoring programs
* Design and oversee the completion of technical documents and proposals and ensure they are accurate, clear, and succinct
* Ensure technical documents are of the highest quality (designs, data analysis, data summaries, calculations, summary tables, figures, and charts)
* Lead a team to conduct field explorations, rain event inspections, and field testing and analyses using equipment and instrumentation (including soil, soil vapor, and groundwater assessment and remediation programs)