Rincon Consultants, Inc. is a leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California. Recognized as a 2019 Zweig Group nationally-ranked 'Best Places to Work,’ we partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, water, commercial and private development and government. Our 250+ associates in 13 offices located in northern, central, and southern CA are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose.
We have an immediate opening and excellent professional growth opportunity for Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager to join our team and can be based in our Monterey, San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara offices. This is a rare opportunity to expand the practice throughout California while being supported by Rincon's other statewide, successful practice leaders. Those motivated by opportunities to identify, recruit, manager and mentor professionals will thrive in this role.
The Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager will be responsible for supervising and overseeing business development, research, field work, impact analysis, and report preparation related to CEQA/NEPA and related technical studies, as well as the following:
- Perform business development functions, including proposal preparation and active involvement in planning/environmental organizations
- Write and manage the preparation of complex CEQA/NEPA documents
- Oversee and train junior staff on CEQA/NEPA and other planning/environmental requirements
- Interface with clients and make public presentations to agency decision-making bodies
- Perform agency consultation and ensure environmental regulatory compliance
- Demonstrate confidence in decision-making and be recognized by clients and peers as having expertise in CEQA/NEPA and related technical areas